Thursday, January 13, 2011

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.--e.e. cummings

One thing I've learned so far searching for a place to live in LA, is that people who place adds on Craigslist aren't really the grammar types. This isn't to say that punctuation is my forte, but I at least know how to spell-check. Do you really think people want some of what you're selling if you can't even be bothered to place a nice add? 
Either way, I'm more than a little nervous about finding a place in LA. Granted, it'll probably be easier once I'm down there... Here's another snag. Before I went off to Canada to spend a year at film school in Vancouver, I sold my car. You can't not have a car in LA, so chalk up yet another ridiculous expense.

I'm really looking forward to getting to LA. It was nice to take a break out here in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nothing but snow and orchards, but I'm ready to get back in the middle of a metropolis. I miss my 33's. It's not the same without having a huge hoard of people to hang out with everyday. Hopefully I can join a new posse when I get to LaLa land, but until then I'll stay hidden.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment