Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Two blogs in one day?! What?!

Okay, so in my excitement, I completely forgot about something super-cool I did recently. I got to go and see the original 1982 TRON on glorious 70mm film down at the AERO theater here in Santa Monica. If you think the dvd version of the movie is awesome, you really are missing out. Trust me, I was there once.


This movie was made to be seen on the big screen. You can see details and minutia that you would have never noticed before. The scope of everything is greater, everything is clearer... You really feel like the Grid is a real place, unlike in the dvd version where everything appears almost cartoonish.
I also got to meet the man behind the movie, Steven Lisberger. He is ridiculously chill, and a true embodiment of the seventies. (please excuse the shoddy quality of the pic, my cellphone camera is no bueno) I also met some awesome Tron fans.


Next week I'm going to Quentin Tarantino's theatre, the New Beverly Cinema, to see a Grindhouse Triple Feature. Planet Terror, Death Proof and Machete. Back to back, to back. It's going to be amazing. I'm crossing my fingers that Quentin himself shows up. (or Eli Roth for that matter, since he plays a small role in Planet Terror, lives in LA and is kinda a sucker for these things. I'd like to grill him on when his next movie is coming out. I really don't appreciate having to wait this long... lol) Or I could just ask Quentin about his upcoming Western. If you haven't heard about it, I suggest you look into it. Details are needed, ASAP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment