Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? "

It's either one thing or the other. Tonight, it was a legend of old Hollywood and Modern Cinema. The king of the spaghetti western. The muse of Sergio Leone. The Man with No Name. Dirty Harry himself.
If you haven't caught it yet I don't know what to do with you.

It's come to my attention that I have a proclivity to run into my hero's. Not exactly something to be ashamed of, even when the "run in" only consists of eyes meeting over check out stands at a busy store on a Saturday night.
This Saturday night, I had the awesome fortune to bump into the man himself, Mr. Clint Eastwood. Words cannot explain how much I love this guy, but I'll try. I grew up in a "rustic" area of northern California where cowboys were a common sight, and the cow that lived in the pasture who I called Omar was affectionately called "dinner" by my non-to-tactful father. Western's were a staple of our household and classics such as The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Man With No Name Trilogy, and High Plains Drifter were often viewed and highly adored.
Now past his gunslinging youth, Mr Eastwood continues to wow the World with his stunning Directorial masterpieces (starting in 1971 with Play Misty For Me). Films like Million Dollar Baby, and Grand Torino all of which are critically acclaimed, and rightfully so.
Long story short, I've come to accept the fact that when I decide to frolic off to Whole Food's at 8pm on a Saturday because I'm craving Chocolate Almond Milk, I should listen. Because it allows me to snap hella sketchy cellphone pics of my idols.




"Right turn, Clyde."

0 comments:

Post a Comment